I wanted to let you all know how much I appreciated your efforts on Wednesday night. Thanks for making for a great class!!! Believe me when I say - 'we really accomplished a lot!' For those who may feel they need a little 'extra' help - I'm planning to avoid 'rush hour' and be in around 5pm for setup. You can consider you have ALL of my attention starting at 5:30pm, but feel free to show up early to take advantage of the access. Di Anna, good to see you for questions (early) last Wednesday. We're really going places.
This week we considered planning an effective 'draft' for your GUI (Graphic User Interface) final project. In your drafting your content, we will enter into the 'critique' process this week (week 3) in order to consider 'what' we'll need regarding both gathering technology and content, starting with your (mostly) completed storyboards (handouts).
Goals for class by next Wednesday (Week 3):
- Create links in the 'rollover menus' *See the referenced Week2/HTML 5.0
- Utilize the video window to link a file that represents your research requires your video link being accessed through an <embed src=”video URL”> OR placed in your “Week2/videos” folder for viewing solely through your computer’s URL.
- Add some content either listed using ‘li’, ‘ol’, or ‘ul’ ‘tags’ or simply write a paragraph.
- BONUS, you may generate an entirely different web page to link to for additional content using <a href=”myOTHERwebpage.html”> (More research) Just remember to keep all ADDITIONAL .html pages in the same folder unless you provide ‘strands’ in your HTML to other folders.
What we covered this last week
example <img src=”OKeefeMEDIUM.jpg” width=50% (or) width=”400”(pixels)>
- Resolution (leading to file sizes)
- Image quality (low to high resolution) – adds to the quality of the image file
- File size (overall) –What constitutes an ideal image size for the web? / (see below).
(For above OKeefeIMAGES.jpg) was resized in Photoshop’s “File>Save for Web”
- Saved as .jpg ‘medium quality’ / Resolution 900 x 450 @ 72dpi = 90KB (Quality?)
Note – example of how to resize mages to fit on various ‘browsers’ using width=100%
Example (img src=URL://domain/folder/file width=”100%”)
We missed discussing FTP (File Transfer Protocol) using ‘Online Servers’ for data storage and the accessing of links to various web pages. “What are your URL sources’?
- Content resources include: videos, images, animation (.swf) and other HTML pages
- URL resources: Facebook*/Photobucket(Kodak)/Snapfish/Google/Picassa/YouTube
If you don’t have ‘Photoshop’ there are various other image editing softwares available:
What to look for:
- OS (Operating System/Mac vs. PC)
- File type (be able to save as a .jpg, .png, .gif)
- Levels (adjusting color, brightness/contrast, modes RGB vs. CMYK)
- Cropping (adjust image size/resolution/pixels)